Before you begin
Before you begin you need to make sure you have the prerequisites in place.
It’s recommended that you have a minimum knowledge about Istio, Anthos Service Mesh (ASM), Anthos Config Management (ACM), GitOps, etc. Here is a list of resources you could leverage to get some familiarities depending on where you are at with these concepts:
- What Is Kubernetes?
- Managing Kubernetes with Config Sync
- Using Config Connector for Google Cloud resource management
- Automating infrastructure compliance with Policy Controller
- Istio in 5 minutes
- ASM Value over Istio
- Cloud Armor in a minute
- Memorystore in a minute
- Cloud Operations Suite in a minute
Based on these introductions, here are higly recommended resources to watch before running this workshop:
- Organizing Teams for GitOps and Cloud Native Deployments
- ACM @ Goldman Sachs
- Enforcing Service Mesh Structure using OPA Gatekeeper
- Managing microservice architectures with ASM
Your setup to run this workshop
You can run this workshop on Cloud Shell or on your local machine running Linux. Cloud Shell pre-installs all the required tools.
Install the required tools:
You need to have:
- GCP account with the role
ownerin your Organization in order to deploy the resources needed for this workshop
- GitHub account, it’s free. We will leverage GitHub throughout this workshop.